Agartala, Tripura, August 9, 2025। SKY LINK TIMES
Pradyot Kishore Debbarma, founder of the TIPRA Motha party, has said that Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) could have exploited Tripura’s two major militant groups to destabilise the Northeast if the peace accord with them had not been signed last year.

The Government of India signed the agreement with the All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) and the National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) on September 4, 2024, in New Delhi. The signing took place in the presence of Union Home Minister Amit Shah and Tripura Chief Minister Manik Saha.
“It’s been a year since the peace deal was signed by ATTF and NLFT and also a year since our well-wishers in Bangladesh, led by Sheikh Hasina, lost power to an anti-India government. Can we imagine what could have happened if this accord was not signed before her government was ousted? ISI could have used them to create further trouble in the region,” Debbarma wrote in a Facebook post on Friday.
He expressed hope that the rehabilitation funds promised by the Government of India would be released soon, adding, “Only if Tripura is violence- and insurgency-free can a new tomorrow emerge for all of us.”
As part of the peace pact’s implementation, the Union Cabinet on Friday approved a ₹250 crore development package aimed at improving the socio-economic conditions of Tripura’s tribal communities.
In a post on X, Chief Minister Manik Saha said the initiative would boost employment opportunities, enhance the livelihoods of marginalised groups, and attract more tourists to the state.
For More stay tuned: https://skylinktimes.in