Delhi Humayun’s Tomb Wall Collapse: 5 Dead, Several Trapped, Rescue Underway

New Delhi | August 15, 2025। SKY LINK TIMES

Five people died and several remain trapped after a wall collapsed at Delhi’s Humayun’s Tomb complex. Rescue operations are ongoing, with 11 injured admitted to hospital.

Delhi Humayun’s Tomb Wall Collapse
Officials said they received a distress call at 3:51 pm, after which fire tenders were immediately dispatched to the site.

A tragic incident struck Delhi’s historic Humayun’s Tomb complex on Friday afternoon when a portion of a wall collapsed, killing at least five people — including three women and two men — and leaving several others trapped under the rubble.

The collapse occurred at a Dargah within the premises of the UNESCO World Heritage site located in the Nizamuddin area. The Delhi Fire Service said they received an emergency call at around 3:51 pm, after which multiple rescue teams and emergency responders rushed to the spot.

Ongoing Rescue Efforts
According to officials, 11 people have been rescued so far and shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment. Seven others are still feared to be buried under debris as rescue operations continue late into the evening. Firefighters, disaster management teams, and local police are working together to clear the rubble and search for survivors.

An official from the Delhi Fire Service said,
“We are making every possible effort to rescue those trapped. Heavy machinery and manual operations are both being used due to the sensitive nature of the structure.”

Delhi Humayun’s Tomb Wall Collapse
Five Dead, Several Trapped After Wall Collapse at Delhi’s Humayun’s Tomb Complex

A Heritage Site in Mourning
Humayun’s Tomb, built in the mid-16th century, is one of Delhi’s most significant Mughal monuments and a major tourist attraction, drawing thousands of visitors each year. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage site, known for its stunning Persian-style architecture and historical importance.

Friday’s accident has cast a shadow over the Independence Day celebrations in the capital, as the incident took place on a public holiday when footfall at heritage sites is usually high.

Cause Under Investigation
Authorities are yet to determine the exact cause of the wall collapse. Preliminary suspicions point to structural weakening, but a detailed investigation will be carried out by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) along with safety experts.

The Delhi Police have cordoned off the area, and entry to the affected portion of the complex has been temporarily restricted to ensure safety during rescue operations.

Public Reaction
The news has sparked grief and concern on social media, with heritage activists calling for stricter safety audits of historical monuments. Several visitors who were present during the incident shared harrowing accounts of the sudden collapse and the chaos that followed.


For More Info Stay Tuned: https://skylinktimes.in


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored